Expro’s business is well flow management, providing products and services that measure, improve, control and process flow from high-value oil and gas wells.
Market leaders in the offshore and subsea arena, Expro operates worldwide, employing more than 4,500 people in 50 countries.
We provide tailor-made solutions across the lifecycle of a well, from exploration and appraisal through to abandonment. Expro delivers the complete package.
Expro’s core values
These are the enduring principles that Expro’s employees live and breathe on a daily basis:
- We recognise the value of our people and provide a working environment in which every employee is given the opportunity and encouragement to reach their full potential
- We invest in our employees and promote an open, team orientated culture where our employees
continuously learn from one another
- Our employees are committed to successfully achieving our shared goals via ownership,
accountability and recognition
- We are passionate about delivering excellent quality customer service – customer care and satisfaction is core in all that we do
- We embrace teamwork – we individually and collectively take pride in and responsibility for delivering the highest standard of service in the industry
- We are a learning organisation. We continuously evolve and improve to ensure that we deliver optimal service each and every time
- The safety and wellbeing of our people, customers and the wider community is paramount and forms the foundation of our culture
- Our employees and customers work in partnership to create sustainable and successful professional relationships to achieve our shared goals
- We listen to our customers to understand their needs then innovativeley apply, adapt or develop our technologies and services to provide timely and effective solutions
Careers at Expro
To help ensure your professional and personal success, our training and development is designed to keep you challenged and motivated. Among the ways we do so:
- The Performance Management Process – helps you do your best in your job, focuses your activities on achieving your work area/unit’s business objectives and sets goals for your development.
- A network of Global Centres of Excellence – located at each of the company’s main bases in Egypt, South Africa, Malaysia, Brazil, USA and UK, these Centres of Excellence support the learning and development of existing and new employees, promote nationalization and make Expro a leader in Well Flow Management training.
- The Expro Competence Management Programme – is a structured process and disciplined approach to ensure that you will have the knowledge and skills required to carry out your role in a safe and effective manner. This is done through on-the-job assessment with the opportunity to work towards achievement of a vocational qualification in a wide range of disciplines.
- On-the-job Education – helps you build the knowledge, skills and attributes you’ll need to remain competitive. Existing and new employees can develop the confidence and mindset to pursue continuous improvement in their performance, personal growth, and development.
- Education Assistance Support – pays for part of the cost of approved courses while you’re working for us; up to 100 percent of the cost of course work, including costs for tuition, examination fees and registration fees.
Recognition and Reward
Understanding that everyone has different priorities, Expro recognise and reward your achievements in a variety of ways. You can typically expect to receive some of the following:
- A competitive salary aligned to the market and to your own skills and experience
- Allowances/bonuses (dependent on your position, location, work schedule)
- Life Assurance cover
- Personal Accident Insurance cover
- Travel Insurance (incl medical) cover (when travelling on company business)
- A retirement plan (pension, savings plan, severance plan)
- Private Healthcare cover (in certain markets)
- Housing and other benefits (expatriate assignments)
- Discretionary Performance Recognition Bonus (“Spot” bonus)
- Service Award
- Paid vacation/annual leave and/or time off schedules
Expro apprenticeships are an excellent way to establish a trade, gain educational qualifications and be supported by a global company, which places great emphasis on developing its people in line with their skill, potential and ambition.
A typical apprenticeship will last up to four years. During the first year you will attend college; years two to four will see you putting your skills to the test at Expro workshops whilst under the supervision of Expro staff and/or a college training officer where you will complete a qualification in an engineering related discipline depending on your area of expertise.
Apprenticeships are available across the following divisions of Expro group:
- Wireline Intervention
- Well Testing
- Subsea Safety Systems (Direct hydraulic and Electro Hydraulic)
- Cased Hole Logging
Candidates will also have the opportunity to work towards achieving further academic qualifications including an NC, HNC, and HND in Electronic or Mechanical Engineering.
A typical apprenticeship compromises:
- NVQ/SVQ Level 2 (minimum 26 weeks)
- NVQ/SVQ Level 3 (in the workplace with monitoring and assessments by a training officer)
- An educational qualification eg. National Certificate (NC), Higher National Certificate (HNC), or Higher National Diploma (HND) in an Engineering discipline via a local college*.
To be eligible for the programme applicants must be over 16 years of age and have good grades at Standard Grade/GCSE level in Maths, Physics, a craft-related subject and English.
* Enrollment into HNC/HND courses will require candidates to hold at least four highers, including maths or A-level equivalent.
If interested please visit our website for more information, application and selection process starts from February onwards for our August intake each year.
Graduate Scheme – Associate Engineer
Expro’s program has been designed to ensure that after our scheme all Graduates have been embedded with the skills to ensure they progress effortlessly to their next phase within the company.
Each graduate receives a mentor. Over a 2 year period the graduate rotates throughout the major business units within Group Engineering.
These placements are tailored ensuring that all graduates experience 70% secondments in similar areas whilst allowing each candidate to tailor the remaining 30% of the scheme to their interests as a developing engineer, whether they wish to expand their skill set and knowledge base further as a Projects Engineer or Structural Engineer etc.
All Graduates can expect to complete the scheme with firm understanding and knowledge of:
- Well test equipment within the Oil & Gas Industry
- The intricacies of subsea tools and their functions
- How Expro’s equipment is designed to meet clients requirements
Each Graduate is provided with the opportunity to take responsibility of their own projects, allowing them to improve their abilities as responsible engineers within the company whereby they are accountable for their own project budgets, ensuring they reach project deliverable dates and conform to regulations and standards stipulated within the Oil & Gas Industry.
Securing a place on the Expro Graduate Training program will also see the individual begin their journey towards Chartered status, an accreditation which is highly encouraged within the company.
Expro recruit personnel with transferable skills into trainee onshore and offshore positions. As the nature of our work is mechanical they ideally look to recruit personnel with mechanical aptitude, so gaining a mechanical apprenticeship, having relevant higher education qualifications or possessing good mechanical aptitude will stand you in good stead for applying for a job at Expro.
Expro are committed to providing our people with the training and assessment that will ensure they reach their own goals. They encourage staff to take every opportunity to better themselves – for the sake of their own career development and enjoyment, and to support their vision to be the leader in well flow management.
Example of the types of roles at Expro:
- Well Services Supervisors are the client’s eyes and ears onsite ensuring the well services operations are delivered safely, on budget and within the agreed timescale.
- Well Technology Engineers can be based in the client offices delivering effective solutions for clients well issues.
- Software Engineers are responsible for developing and managing well integrity software, which records all well data in a central database.