Tritech International Limited began with the aim of producing underwater (subsea) products for the offshore oil & gas industry, military and other worldwidesubsea markets.
Markets Tritech work in:
- Defence Sector, where our sonars are typically used on military vehicles which protect our Naval vessels by blowing up enemy mines
- Energy Sector where our sonars are used for guidance and surveying when fitted to remotely operated vehicles deployed by the offshore operating companies
- Oil & Gas Sector, where our equipment can be used in a multitude of situations such as monitoring and inspecting subsea pipelines either while being initially laid or as an inspection tool when they have been in place for a number of years
- The Renewables industry, to detect and protect marine mammals likely to be swimming around an offshore wind turbine
- Survey Sector, our equipment is used in many underwater applications in offshore engineering and survey applications; for example a bridge inspection or port and harbour survey
Tritech specialises in the design and production of sensors and sonars for underwater vehicles such as Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs). Sonars provide a view of the underwater world when this environment is too dark and murky to use an underwater camera, sensors can support these operations providing depth ratings and positioning.
Sonars can be mechanical, i.e. they ‘ping’ round like a radar screen and it takes a while for them to update; multibeam, which basically means the image you receive is real-time and side scan; where rather than the sonar being fixed to an underwater vehicle, it is towed from a boat.
A typical example of this is wreck hunters who scan the seabed looking for treasures and salvage from ships that have sunk out of normal reach.
Joining a World-Class Team
Delivering global results over five continents in ground-breaking underwater technologies is only achievable through our highly experienced, world-class team.
Our typical hires are generally engineering and business graduates with a minimum of an HND in a subject such as Electrical & Electronic Engineering or business studies
College/ University Placements offered annually to a number of candidates who will work in the customer support, and design/ software departments. The placements are open to students studying a relevant discipline who are looking for a summer placement; this is typically from June to September.
Tritech’s Modern Apprenticeship Award Program* is offered on an annual intake at our Ulverston site (in Cumbria, England). Apprentices spend a year working at a local training centre, followed by 3 years working in the various departments in our manufacturing site.
The apprenticeship will prepare you for industry; allowing you to train and learn with a successful and respected company, whilst gaining skills and qualifications sought after across many industries.
The role of a fully qualified Electronic Test Technician is challenging and rewarding. In their role, technicians are responsible for:
- Testing of different types of electronic circuits
- Fault finding and repair electronics circuits to component level
- Repair and service of customer products
- Final product and acceptance testing
- Offsite testing
The apprenticeship program is designed to provide a structured learning program where you will gain the required skills and qualifications to become a qualified and competent Electronic Test Technician.
*Please note, the four year apprenticeship is a four-year contract and Tritech cannot guarantee a full-time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
4 year program structure